* *

Linked Events
  • Thai Association Tax Clinics 2018: Feb 17, 2018
  • Thai Association Tax Clinics 2018: Mar 10, 2018
  • Thai Association Tax Clinics 2018: Mar 24, 2018
  • Thai Association Tax Clinics 2018: Apr 21, 2018
Pages: [1]
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Thai Association Tax Clinics 2018  (Read 1847 times)
Full Member
Posts: 102

View Profile
« on: Jan 23, 2018, 22:57:39 »

Thai Association Tax Clinics 2018
58 Cecil St, Toronto, ON M5T 1N5

We are hoping to help low income people and new comers. We want to reach out to people who may be here semi-legally, especially those who may be working for cash, to help them understand that by paying taxes and becoming a legitimate resident, they are helping themselves access the government benefits that they may be entitled to, now or in the future (e.g., by remaining under the table, they will never build up the necessary contributions to collect CPP or OAS when they turn 65; to collect OAS they must be a legal resident of Canada for at least 10 years; to access Child Care Benefits and Ontario Trillium Benefit.)

Feb 17
* 2 weeks before Mar 1 RRSP deadline
RRSP / Financial Advice Clinic 10:00-12:30 Paul Boonsiri
Shawn Taylor
Mar 10 Tax Clinic

Financial Advice Clinic
by appointment
Shawn Taylor
Bob Ratana
Paul Boonsiri
Mar 24 Tax Clinic 10:00-16:00
by appointment
Shawn Taylor
Bob Ratana
Apr 21
* before Apr 30 filing deadline
Tax Clinic 10:00-16:00
by appointment
Shawn Taylor
Bob Ratana

The RRSP / Financial Advice Clinic on Feb 17 will be run by Paul Boonsiri of Sunlife Financial. They will be about 2.5 hours long. It is intended to help new-comers to Canada learn about the various forms of savings for sending kids to school, buying a house or for retirement, as well as the government support such as Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) that kicks in for all residents at age 65, along with Survivor Benefits. There is also the Guaranteed Income Supplement available for low income residents.
There is also the new tax-free Canada Child Benefit (CCB) that some families may be entitled to and the Ontario Trillium Benefit that supports low income families > but to get the CCB & OTB you must file your tax return every year. The Financial Clinics will help people build their savings towards retirement using RRSP’s, but will also provide a broad range of advice in money management,
  • setting up bank & brokerage accounts, RRSP & RESP accounts
    • that the money in these accounts can be accessed anywhere, including at home in Thailand if they wish
  • Company benefits – Understanding the difference between “Defined Benefit” pension plans and “Defined Contribution” pension plans
  • Types of Investments that are safe and those that are risky: Mutual Funds, Guaranteed Investment Certificates, Savings Accounts, Stocks and Bonds, etc.
    • Understanding the amount of risk to take versus your age & dependents
  • RESP’s (Registered Educational Savings Plan) for children education plus 20% contribution from the federal government + the estimated cost of a College and University education + OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) loans and grants
    • Canadian Scholarship Trust Plan versus a Bank or Insurance Company RESP
  • What can be counted as deductions on your annual tax return?
    • Medical Expenses
    • Tuition and residence allowance
    • Dependents and Child Care Expenses
    • Home moving expenses, Transit Passes, Home Renovations for Seniors
  • Mortgages (how they work), saving for a first house
Tax Clinics – Mar 10, Mar 24, Apr 21
  • We will be doing free 2017 tax returns for Families with incomes under $40,000 at the Tax Clinics under the CVITP (Community Volunteer Income Tax Program).
  • We can do the 2017 tax returns for free as long as the Individual Total Income is less than $35,000 and for Families less than $40,000. We cannot do small businesses or complex returns.
    • Please bring: SIN number, T4 & T5 slips, RRSP contribution slips, medical receipts dated during 2017, tuition fees paid & official receipts, charitable contributions, Home moving expenses, Transit Passes, Home Renovation receipts for Seniors (over 65)
    • Rent Receipts with address and landlord name – or > the amount of property taxes paid if you own a house – bring the 2017 tax statement from the Municipality
    • Please summarize (add up) the medical receipts before coming
  • We can also do previous tax years as needed – as far back as 2014; please request a long time when booking an appointment
  • Appointments to be arranged and booked through Ms. Mam 416-414-1080
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2018, 23:26:43 by admin » Logged
Posts: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 23:58:04 »

It is good news that is interesting and useful to readers ever.

Ruby888 ผ่านเว็บ   
Posts: 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2019, 23:37:37 »

For those who are looking for more information, please ask me.
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
| TinyPortal 1.0 beta 5-1 | Based on Outline Omega by DzinerStudio